Your room is ready, for business, for pleasure or whenever you feel the need to get away for a day or two. Oaklawn’s comfortable warm welcome immediately begins to work its magic. Muscles relax, stress drains away, smiles come more readily. A glass of wine or a cup of tea extends the invitation to relax and slow down. Those that say “they don’t sleep well,” …Do!
The next morning, freshly brewed coffee does its job of coaxing guests downstairs to the dining room for breakfast. As they say….it doesn’t get any better than this.
Go to the Gallery — Oaklawn Today to view more photos of the rooms and the it’s surroundings.»
Andrew Tainter built the Mabel Tainter Memorial in memory of his daughter Mabel. His daughter Fanny inherited Oaklawn Stock Farm; two sisters, leaving their mark upon the community. Menomonie also has two Sister Cities; one in Russia, the other in Japan. Maggie, Oaklawn’s innkeeper, has had the privilege of visiting both communities as a representative from Menomonie. The Sister’s room with its rag rugs and calico quilts reflects the old farm charm. The original deep bathtub is still available for those who want to soak for a spell. Queen sized bed with antique iron headboard and assorted old paintings make this room a “favorite” for returning guests.
Spring emerges from the snow with a burst of wildflowers. Dutchman’s breeches and the familiar white bobbing heads of Trilliums are visible from this room, which looks east over a small wooded lot. Furnished with Maggie’s grandparent’s bedroom set, the room’s deep earthtones and bright floral artwork beckons you in for a good night’s sleep.
Late afternoon sun pours in the large windows that look out over a pond. The season’s are always rearranging the view. Spring geese on the pond, summer sunsets, autumn maple leaves and winter’s snow sculptures offer daily surprises. Simple furnishings, warm quilts and everchanging skies do offer the perfect setting for reflection.
This room serves up the morning sunrise and the warm glow of an afternoon sun. Before renovation it sported orange and black tiger wallpaper. With Queen sized bed, private bath (shower), flourishing plants, artwork and touches of birchbark and pine and you can escape the jungle in this calming retreat.
Oaklawn Photo Gallery
- Spacious rooms
- Laptop desks
- Wi-fi throughout house
- AC in rooms
- Unlimited coffee, tea, soda, water
- Guest privileges to Bodyworks, $7/day
- Fax & copier available
- Private bath with shower
- Ironing board, iron
- Full, hot delicious breakfast
- Complimentary wine and beer
Full, hot tasty breakfasts. Menu varies daily, such as: creamy scrambled eggs with fresh spinach, basil, tomato and cheeses. Locally baked breads. Hot from the oven muffins or scones. French toast stuffed with orange marmalade and cream cheese with maple syrup. Seasonally, farmer’s market bounty of herbs, cheeses and succulent raspberries and apples. Coffee, teas, juices, milk or soda.
- Usual Check-in: 4-7:00 p.m., Check-out: 11:00 a.m. Special accommodations may be made to meet your schedule.
- Reservations guaranteed with one night’s deposit. MasterCard, VISA, checks or cash accepted.
- If cancellation is required, deposit will usually be refunded, except for specific event weekends, i.e. UW-Stout graduations, homecoming, family weekend, early childhood conference. Cancellations received within 24 hours of reservation date may be subject to a $25 cancellation fee, per room.
- Rates are based on double occupancy and include a full breakfast, complimentary refreshments and Legacy chocolates.
- Additional guest in the room, $20 fee. Additional single bed, $10.
- Smoke free, 122 year old home. Smoking is permitted on porches and grounds
- No pets in the house, please.
- All rooms: $119, plus tax
- Additional 3rd guest in the room $20 fee.
- Additional single bed, $10.
- State rates honored.
- Extended stays and multiple nights may be negotiated
- Laptop tables in the rooms.
- Wi-fi throughout the house and porch
- Copier and fax services available
- Multiple night rates possible
Extended stays can be negotiated to meet your needs.
- Weekly, monthly.
- Spacious home-like atmosphere for frequent visitors and those relocating or in life transition.
- Ample parking.
- Some limited storage.
Oaklawn Inn is a member of the Greater Menomonie Area Chamber of Commerce.